How can these healthy deviled eggs be possible? Get rid of the yolks. Chickpea hummus is the perfect color and a healthy alternative for the egg yolks that are notoriously high in cholesterol. Hummus can be easily made from scratch at home, or is readily available at the market. I used a commercial mild garlic flavored hummus for this recipe.
1 cup hummus
1 Tablespoon sour cream
½ teaspoon curry powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric
¼ teaspoon dried mustard
Sprinkle Hungarian paprika
Olives for spiders
Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Putting it all together
- Hard boil the eggs, cool and peel. Slice the eggs in half and dispose of the yolks.
- Season the egg whites with salt and pepper
- In a small mixing bowl mix the remaining ingredients and fill the egg white halves.
- Sprinkle the tops with Hungarian paprika
- decorate with sliced olives to make a spider design as shown
GardenCuizine Nutrition Analysis: Calculated from USDA nutrient values 1/12 of recipe, serving size: 38g, Calories 44, Calories from fat: 18, total fat: 2g, Saturated fat: 0g, Cholesterol 0.5mg, Sodium 106mg, Dietary fiber: 1g, Protein: 3g, Folate: 18mcg (4%DV), Riboflavin: 0.1 mg (5%DV), Manganese: 0.2mg (8%DV), Selenium: 4mcg (6%DV)
Percent Daily Values (%DV) are reference values for adults and children age 4 or older, and are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your personal daily values may be higher or lower based on your individual needs.
Copyright © 2009 Wind. All rights reserved.