USDA Zone 7a (formerly zone 6b)
From left to right, clockwise:
- Black-eyed Susans are naturalizing in garden beds with water sources that are provided for wildlife in several areas around our yard.
- Baby blue morning glory weeds are climbing all over. Butterflies and bees are loving the Joe-Pye Weed.
- Grandmas apple-mint (Mentha suaveolens) is in full bloom.
- Asparagus is going to seed.
- Hardy hibiscus blooms continue to provide garden cheer.
- Italian basil is ready for harvest. We plan on preserving it in olive oil and freezing.
- Heirloom tomatoes are almost ripe. Tomato shown in the photo may be Limbaugh's Legacy Potato Top, a pink beefsteak.