USDA Zone 7a (formerly zone 6b)
Finally, a fun and productive day in the kitchen. Harry canned up some garden Salsa, and I canned up some Fig Butter. We took photos and will share the recipes asap. Meanwhile, our garden is full of produce and beautiful butterflies and blooms. And, unfortunately mosquitoes too! Hopefully none with West Nile virus because I was attacked while putting water in the bird baths tonight.
Clockwise top left to right:
- Butterfly bushes (Buddleia davidii) attract butterflies and hummingbirds!
- Salvia splendens 'Red Hot Sally' and Yvonne's Salvia
- Jersey tomatoes
- Basil - the variety shown is Ocimum basilicum 'Blue Spice', which we let self sow in the garden
- Chicory (Cichorium Intybus)
- Peppers - Pepperoncini, round hot peppers
Photo collage Copyright (C)2012 Wind. All rights reserved.