topped with your favorite low fat frozen yogurt or ice cream
and Jersey Fresh Blueberries
large chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli 60% cacao)
low fat frozen yogurt or ice cream
- Unfold the dough and cut the dough into thirds along the fold.
- Cut each rectangle into 3-inch squares.
- using a paring knife, make a diagonal cut from near the center to the corner. Leave an inch or slightly less in the center uncut
- fold the tips towards the center to form a pinwheel. Egg wash to hold and egg wash exposed dough
- sprinkle with colored sugar crystals if desired
- place a large chocolate chip in the center
- when your cookie sheet is full, bake until golden
- continue until all your squares are made into pinwheels.
- Serve topped with your favorite low fat frozen yogurt or ice cream and a generous portion of Jersey fresh blueberries!
Excellent Source: Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Manganese*
Good Source: dietary Fiber
1 cup (148g) raw blueberries: 84 calories; total fat: 0.49g (0.7% DV); Sodium: 1mg (0% DV); dietary Fiber: 4g (14% DV); Carbohydrate: 21g; sugars 15g; Vitamin C: 14mg (24% DV); Vitamin K: 29mcg (36% DV); Manganese 0.50mg (25% DV).
Percent Daily Value (%DV) is based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Manganese aides in bone health and is part of enzymes involved in protein, fat and carbohydrate metabolism. Manganese is considered an essential nutrient. Safe levels should not exceed 11mg/day.